Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Ancestor's Name: They Served with Honor: The 809th Pioneer Infantry---"Quiet Heroes of the Brawny Arm"


Another amazing story of our ancestors has been posted to this site. I would also like to add that among the many things that tie and maintains my relationship with Angela I can proudly proclaim another!

Apparently one of my great uncles served in the same 809th Infantry with Samuel Walton, survived the influenza epidemic and now his story can be told along with the other brave men who served their country in World War I.

Angela, thanks so much for taking the time to research this particular unit and bringing their story to light. I'm eternally grateful!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was my honor to mention the contribution that our ancestors made. The establishment of the Carnival of African American Genealogy is what gave me the platform to tell their story.

    -Angela-

    ReplyDelete