Monday, May 2, 2011

Black and Red Journal: Considered One of 11 Essential Genealogy Blogs

I am totally humbled to be considered an "essential genealogy blog!" I truly appreciate the author pointing out how I document my articles; it was the words of Dr. Daniel F. Littlefield that motivated me to learn this history and document it with the facts.

The following comment means so much to me because it is what I strive to do with each article:

"His meticulous posts are fascinating reading and he’s particularly good at supplying supporting documents and photos. If you’re thinking of starting a blog about your own family investigations, Terry’s would be good to emulate."


All I can say is WOW! They just made my day!!! Thank You!


11 Essential Genealogy Blogs

4 comments:

  1. A well deserved compliment, I agree completely! Especially with the part about "fascinating reading"! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Lisa, when I began this about a year ago it was because a friend had to twist my arm ;-D One of the first things that was impressed upon me was documenting with primary source material and that has stayed with me and guides me today.

    What keeps me going is my desire to get better at telling a story so people will understand and hopefully be encouraged to tell their family's story.

    We all have important, funny and tragic stories to tell and in my opinion/ telling them will give others the impetus to tell their stories through the various forms of media that is available today.

    Thanx again, it encourages me to keep going knowing someone is actually reading my posts ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words, I continue to be amazed from the reaction.

    Working on this blog has really become a labor of love. It pushes me to become a better communicator; orally and visually. At the same time I am learning with each article.

    Thanx again!

    ReplyDelete